MPTCS Preschool is committed to providing a high-quality, culturally responsive education that prepares all 3- and 4-year old children for success in school and in life. We believe that all children can learn and that every child deserves a high-quality education. Our educational philosophy is based on the following principles:
- Play-based learning: We believe that play is the work of children and that it is the most important way for them to learn. We provide a variety of opportunities for children to play and explore, both indoors and outdoors.
- Social-emotional development: We believe that social-emotional development is just as important as academic development. We provide a safe and supportive environment where children can learn how to manage their emotions, resolve conflicts, and work together.
- Early literacy and math: We believe that early literacy and math skills are essential for success in school and in life. We provide a comprehensive early literacy and math program that meets the needs of all students.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM): We believe that STEM is essential for understanding the world around us and for preparing children for the 21st century workforce. We provide opportunities for children to explore STEM through hands-on activities and experiments through interest areas.
- Culturally responsive teaching: We believe that all children learn best when they see themselves reflected in their learning. We use culturally responsive teaching practices to ensure that all students feel welcome and supported in our school community.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is essential for success in the 21st century. We encourage students to be creative and to think outside the box. We provide opportunities for students to learn about new technologies and to use these technologies to solve problems.
Key Elements of our Early Childhood Education Program:
Our curriculum is student-led and teacher-facilitated. We believe that this is a powerful way for students to learn and grow. We provide opportunities for students to explore their interests, develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and collaborate with their peers. We also provide support and guidance from our experienced teachers, who help students stay on track and reach their full potential.
We use interest-based learning. Students are given the opportunity to choose topics that they are interested in and then work with their teachers to create a learning plan. This allows students to take ownership of their learning and to explore topics in depth.Differentiation: We differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students. This means that provide different levels of support and challenge for different learners.
Collaboration: We believe that collaborative learning is an important part of the learning process. We provide opportunities for students to work together in small groups and to learn from each other.
Home-School Connection: We believe that parents are their children's first teachers. We partner with parents to provide a seamless learning experience for their children.