Scholars are currently learning about plants and animals. Students learn about animals and plants through readings and multimedia and compare and sort structures and functions. Students are reading about how engineers learn from nature to solve human problems.
We are discovering the following things:
- Plants and animals live in many different environments and have structures and behaviors that help them survive. These include sensory structures (such as ears, eyes, noses) that provide animals with information about their surroundings.
- Plants and animals need food, water, air, and space, and plants need sunlight to make food.
- A habitat is a place where plants and animals live. It provides what a plant or animal needs to live. There are many different habitats around the world.
- Individuals of the same kind are similar but also vary.
- Engineers learn from nature to solve human problems.