Step 1 - Download & Fill Out Application
Download and complete application.
Application - 2013-2014
**Note: Openings are avaialble for our free prekindergarten program, 5th and 9th grades. There are limited openings in kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th and 8th grades.
Fall/Winter Open House: Thursday, December 6th, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – For parents interested in enrolling their children in grades PreK through the 9th grade, 370 S. 7thSt., Newark.
Step 2 - Application Items
Submit with proof (i.e., telephone bill, public service bill, lease, etc. – less than 2 months old or within the past two months) of Newark residency. Copies of the following documentation MUST be submitted with application for admission:
- MPTCS Application
- Birth certificate
- Immunization record
- Guardian must bring legal documentation
Step 3 - Application Complete
The MPTCS Lottery was held on January 16, 2013.
After the APPLICATION is completed, your child(ren) will be entered in the lottery. Results will be announced that evening. Someone representing your child MUST attend the lottery. Students represented at the lottery who do not receive a spot will be placed on our waiting list. If you are on the waiting list and space becomes available in your child(ren)’s grade, you will be contacted by phone at the number(s) you provided on the application.
Step 4 - After Acceptance
Upon acceptance to the Marion P. Thomas Charter School, parent(s) must complete the acceptance packet and submit the following documentation:
- If in grades 1 or higher you will need a Newark public school transfer, which allows you to transfer to MPTCS. Students coming from private schools, catholic schools, and perspective kindergarten students must participate in a special registration at 2 Cedar St.
- If transferring from another school, the student’s previous school records, academic, attendance and disciplinary (including the IEP if applicable) will be required.
- Perspective kindergarten students must be five (5) years old by October 1st of the current school year.
- Perspective pre-kindergarten students must be age four (4) and kindergarten students must be age five (5) by October 1st of the current school year.